Dr. Jay Colker, Founder and Principal Facilitator
Dr. Colker has over 22 years of experience in executive coaching, leadership and management development, change management, organizational development, enhancing team effectiveness, and more.
Dr. Colker holds a Doctor of Management in Organizational Leadership, an MBA, and a Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology. He combines a core understanding of leadership, business, and psychology in a manner that allows him to effectively work with people from all backgrounds and experiences and to facilitate change from a system’s perspective.
Experience and Expertise
Senior executive in corporate learning and talent management with diverse experience working in several industries in both internal and consulting roles.
- Senior consultant for over 10 years in management consulting and training practice; Chief Learning Officer for 12 years for a 2.4 billion community-development finance corporation with 12 companies in the US and abroad.
- Utilized Crowdsourced Coaching with leaders at all levels for alignment, organizational development, change management, problem solving and skill enhancement to optimize business results.
- Developed and implemented the succession planning process and the high potential leadership development program corporate-wide.
- Created and implemented an enhanced developmental planning process corporate-wide.
- Designed and delivered change management initiatives to enhance team effectiveness.
- Implemented customer service change initiative corporate-wide leading to over a 40% improvement in service metrics.
- Delivered enhanced sales outcomes for the Retail and Mortgage Lending Divisions of a 2.4 billion dollar bank.
- Facilitated a strategy that led to recognition by Workforce Chicago as best in class in learning and development and the Right Workplace Award for positive people practices.
- Delivered five major international consulting projects: customer service culture change with bank enterprises in the Republic of Georgia and Azerbaijan; introduced service approaches to 6 banks in Armenia; assessed performance management and other HR practices for a bank in Mongolia; assessed HR practices of a banking enterprise in India and provided improvement plan.
- Co-lead development centers assessing over two hundred managers on critical competencies and then coaching seventy of them to focus on high gain developmental activities.
- Co-led the roll out of a revised human capital system throughout the entire Nuclear Division of a power company including succession, performance management, developmental planning, career development, and a revised compensation system.
- Challenged over seven hundred managers to improve coaching skills through a training course, which utilized a Crowdsourced Coaching model to highlight immediate problems and generate significant options for improvement.
Dr. Colker also has 20 years of progressively responsible clinical roles including five years in a full time psychotherapy practice. Many of Dr. Colker's clients have been business leaders. He also had P&L responsibility for seven years as a department head of a hospital managing a staff of 50 and an educational institution.